Healthy Weight Clinic
Studies show that controlling your weight and keeping it within optimal limits reduces your risk of many diseases, including cardiovascular diseases and cancers, and can prevent diabetes.
The Jacksonville Healthy Weight Clinic is a multi-disciplinary clinic for patients ages 18 and above, and provides comprehensive wellness and preventive care services to help achieve your health goals. Maintaining a healthy weight will help you look and feel better, and will also improve your fitness levels and improve your overall quality of life. Our weight reduction treatment plans are individually tailored to suit your metabolism and lifestyle.
Our Healthy Weight Clinic is staffed by medical and nursing professionals with training in safe and effective weight management.
Our Professional team will:
– Evaluate and assess your readiness to lose weight;
– Develop a comprehensive treatment strategy to include nutrition coaching, physical activity prescription, and medication treatment when appropriate;
– Help you to establish quantifiable goals:
– Keep you accountable and motivated;
– Monitor preventative treatment for heart disease, and diabetes;
– Communicate with your primary care provider to ensure continuity of care.
The most effective healthy weight programs are comprehensive and of high intensity. Your initial visit at the Healthy Weight Clinic will include a body composition analysis, as well as an in-depth review of your health history, current diet and physical activity. You will then participate in regular visits through the next 6-12 months to assess your progress as you work toward your weight loss treatment goals.